|Granted municipal status||1979|
|• Administered by||Majlis Perbandaran Seremban|
| • Yang DiPertua|
|Dato' Haji Abd. Halim |
|• City||959 km2 (370 sq mi)|
|• Metro||2,980 km2 (1,150 sq mi)|
|Elevation||79 m (259 ft)|
|• City||555,935 (9th)|
|• Density||489.00/km2 (1,266.51/sq mi)|
|• Metro||806,920 |
|Time zone||UTC+8 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||Not observed|
70xxx to 75xxx
|Mean solar time||UTC + 06:46:48|
|National calling code||06|
|License plate prefix||Nxx (for all vehicles include taxis)|
|Website||Official Seremban Municipal Council Website|
Seremban is the capital of the Malaysian state of Negeri Sembilan, it is in district of Seremban, one from the seven districts of Negeri Sembilan. The town's administration is run by the Seremban Municipal Council also known as Majlis Perbandaran Seremban. On 9 September 2009, Seremban was to be declared as a city, however it was later deferred due to technical reasons. However, the idea of granting city status has been brought up again and Seremban is expected to become a city on September 9, 2013. Finally, Seremban gained its city status on 20 January 2020
Gallery[change | change source]
Sister cities[change | change source]
Although Seremban does not have a city status, it has nevertheless three sister cities.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Rashitha A. Hamid (2007-06-16). "Profile of Haji Abd. Halim". Majlis Perbandaran Seremban. Archived from the original on 2018-12-25. Retrieved 2007-08-29.
- "Seremban Urban Area" (PDF). Archived from the original on 2014-12-30. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- Helders, Stefan. "Metropolitan areas in Malaysia". World Gazetteer. Archived from the original on 2012-12-05. Retrieved 2007-12-04.
- "Seremban, finally a city in 2020". The Star. Retrieved 2021-11-02.
- (in Indonesian)"Bukittinggi: Jabaran Rencana Kota Kembar". Bukittinggi Department. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seremban.|
- Seremban travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Majlis Perbandaran Seremban Archived 2013-12-03 at the Wayback Machine
- Negeri State Library Archived 2004-08-05 at the Wayback Machine
- Seremban Maya
- Virtual Drive Through Street of Seremban Archived 2009-03-14 at the Wayback Machine
- Seremban Live Archived 2014-11-11 at the Wayback Machine