Sergio Pitol Deméneghi (18 March 1933 – 12 April 2018) was a Mexican writer, translator and diplomat. In 2005 he received the Cervantes Prize. He was born in Puebla, Mexico. In the 1980s, he served as Ambassador to Czechoslovakia. He also served as a professor at the UNAM, at the Universidad Veracruzana in Xalapa, and at the University of Bristol in England.
References[change | change source]
- "Discurso Sergio Pitol, Premio Cervantes 2005 - RTVE.es". RTVE.es (in Spanish). Retrieved 2015-11-13.
- "Sergio Pitol Papers (C1283) -- Sergio Pitol Papers". findingaids.princeton.edu. Retrieved 2015-11-13.
- Muere el escritor mexicano Sergio Pitol a los 85 años (in Spanish)
Other websites[change | change source]
- CBC: Mexico's Sergio Pitol wins Cervantes lit prize
- (in Spanish) BBC Mundo: Cervantes para Sergio Pitol
- (in Spanish) Academia Mexicana de la Lengua