Jump to navigation Jump to search
Shock may refer to:
Medical conditions[change | change source]
- Shock (circulatory), a circulatory medical emergency
- Acute stress reaction, often termed 'shock' by laypersons, a psychological condition in response to terrifying events
- Post-traumatic stress disorder, a long-term complication of acute stress reaction
Other meanings[change | change source]
- Shock (economics), an unexpected or unpredictable event that affects an economy
- Shocks (Image Processing)
- Electric shock
- Shock (mechanics)
- Shock site, a website that is intended to be offensive or shocking to most viewers
- Shock tactics, a close quarter battle tactic, usually done by specially trained shock troops.
- Shock troops, troops trained for shock tactics, usually heavy cavalry or infantry
- The Detroit Shock, a professional women's basketball team
- Shock (Cooking Technique), to quickly stop the cooking process of blanched items by plunging them in ice water.
Last names[change | change source]
- Aaron Schock, member of the U.S. House of Representatives representing the 18th district of Illinois.
In the arts[change | change source]
- Shock (troupe), a rock/mime/burlesque/music troupe
- Shock (1946 movie), a movie starring Vincent Price
- Shock (1977 movie), a 1977 Italian movie
- Shock (novel), a 2001 book by Robin Cook
- Shock (2004 movie), a 2004 Tamil movie starring Prashanth Thyagarajan
- Shock (2006 movie), a 2006 Telugu movie
- The Shock (1923 movie), a 1923 silent movie
- Shock Records, an Australian record label
Other pages[change | change source]
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.