Jump to navigation Jump to search
Shock may refer to:
Medical conditions[change | change source]
- Shock (circulatory), a circulatory medical emergency
- Acute stress reaction, often termed 'shock' by laypersons, a psychological condition in response to terrifying events
- Post-traumatic stress disorder, a long-term complication of acute stress reaction
Other meanings[change | change source]
- Shock (economics), an unexpected or unpredictable event that affects an economy
- Shocks (Image Processing)
- Electric shock
- Shock (mechanics)
- Shock site, a website that is intended to be offensive or shocking to most viewers
- Shock tactics, a close quarter battle tactic, usually done by specially trained shock troops.
- Shock troops, troops trained for shock tactics, usually heavy cavalry or infantry
- The Detroit Shock, a professional women's basketball team
- Shock (Cooking Technique), to quickly stop the cooking process of blanched items by plunging them in ice water.
Last names[change | change source]
- Aaron Schock, member of the U.S. House of Representatives representing the 18th district of Illinois.
In the arts[change | change source]
- Shock (troupe), a rock/mime/burlesque/music troupe
- Shock (1946 movie), a movie starring Vincent Price
- Shock (1977 movie), a 1977 Italian movie
- Shock (novel), a 2001 book by Robin Cook
- Shock (2004 movie), a 2004 Tamil movie starring Prashanth Thyagarajan
- Shock (2006 movie), a 2006 Telugu movie
- The Shock (1923 movie), a 1923 silent movie
- Shock Records, an Australian record label
Related pages[change | change source]
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Shock.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.