Price in Get Smart (1969)
May 27, 1911|
St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.
October 25, 1993 (aged 82)|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Cause of death||Lung cancer|
(m. 1938–1948, divorced)
Mary Grant Price
(m. 1949–1973, divorced)
(m. 1974–1991; her death)
Vincent Leonard Price, Jr. (May 27, 1911 – October 25, 1993) was an American actor. He was well known for his voice and serious but comic attitude in a series of horror movies made in the later part of his career. Price was also an art collector and consultant, with a degree in art history, and lectured and wrote books on the subject. He was the founder of the Vincent Price Art Museum in California.
Career[change | change source]
His career began in 1935. He starred in film noirs. He soon moved to star in horror movies. He would work with other known horror movie stars such as Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee. He received two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his works. Price narrated Michael Jackson's hit song "Thriller". He retired in 1993 shortly before his death.
Personal life[change | change source]
Movies[change | change source]
- The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex (1939)
- Tower of London (1939)
- Laura (1944)
- House of Wax (1953)
- The Fly (1958)
- House on Haunted Hill (1959)
- The Tingler (1959)
- Return of the Fly (1959)
- House of Usher (1960)
- The Pit and the Pendulum (1961)
- The Raven (1963)
- The Haunted Palace (1963)
- Twice-Told Tales (1963)
- The Comedy of Terrors (1964)
- The Last Man on Earth (1964)
- The Masque of the Red Death (1964)
- The Tomb of Ligeia (1964)
- Witchfinder General (1968)
- The Oblong Box (1969)
- The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971)
- An Evening with Edgar Allan Poe (1972)
- Dr. Phibes Rises Again (1972)
- Theatre of Blood (1973)
- House of the Long Shadows (1983)
- Edward Scissorhands (1990)
References[change | change source]
- Peter B. Flint (October 27, 1993). "Vincent Price, Noted Actor Of Dark Roles, Dies at 82". New York Times. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
Vincent Price, the suavely menacing star of countless low-budget but often stylish Gothic horror films, died at his home in Los Angeles on Monday. He was 82 years old and died of lung cancer, a personal assistant, Reggie Williams, said. ...
- Vincent Price at Find a Grave
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vincent Price.|