|Motto||Explore, enjoy, and protect the planet.|
|Formation||May 28, 1892|
|Type||Social welfare organization|
|Legal status||501(c)(4) organization|
|Purpose||To explore, enjoy, and protect the wild places of the earth, practice & promote responsible use of the earth's ecosystems & resources, educate & enlist humanity to protect and restore the quality of the natural & human environment, use all lawful means to carry out these objectives.|
|Headquarters||2101 Webster St. Suite 1300|
|over 750,000 nationally (self-reported)|
Acting Exec. Dir.
|Affiliations||Sierra Club Foundation, Sierra Student Coalition, Sierra Club Books, Sierra Club Canada|
Sierra Club is an environmentalist organization with Greenpeace and Friends of the Earth among others.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Sierra Club vs US EPA, Complaint filed October 19, 2017 in case 1:17-cv-02174 (United States District Court for the District of Columbia).
- ↑ "IRS Form 990 2013" (PDF). Internal Revenue Service. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official website
- Sierra Club's Addup.org
- The Sierra Club Foundation
- Join the Sierra Club Archived 2019-08-03 at the Wayback Machine
- Guide to the Sierra Club Members Papers at The Bancroft Library
- Finding Aid to Sierra Club Southwest Office records, 1900–2000, The Bancroft Library
- Finding Aid to the Sierra Club Board of Directors meeting minutes, 1892–1995, The Bancroft Library
- Holt-Atherton Special Collections: John Muir Papers Archived 2020-08-14 at the Wayback Machine