Silent Hill 2
|Silent Hill 2|
|Developer(s)||Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo|
Creature Labs (PC)
Hijinx Studios (HD version)
Silent Hill 2 is a survival horror video game. It was developed by Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo, as well as Creature Labs for the PC version and Hijinx Studios for the HD version. Silent Hill 2 was published by Konami. The game was the 2nd game in the Silent Hill video game series but is not a direct sequel to Silent Hill.
Release[change | change source]
It was released on the PlayStation 2 on September 24, 2001 in North America, September 27, 2001 in Japan and November 23, 2001 in Europe. A Director's Cut of the game was released on the Xbox on December 20, 2001 on North America, February 22, 2002 in Japan and on October 4, 2002 in Europe. It was released on Microsoft Windows on December 2, 2002 in North American and on February 28, 2003 in Europe. An HD Collection of the game was released on the PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360 on March 20, 2012 in North America, March 29, 2012 in Japan, March 30, 2012 in Europe, and April 5, 2012 in Australia.
Reception[change | change source]
IGN rated the game a 9 out of 10 and IGN's Doug Perry said "It's frightening, deep, clever, and tries to improve the genre, if just a little, and in the end, that's all I really want in a survival horror game.” GameSpot gave the game a 7.7 out of 10 and GameSpot's Joe Fielder "Silent Hill 2 is a much prettier, somewhat smarter but less-compelling game than the original"
References[change | change source]
- "Silent Hill 2". GameSpy. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "ESRB: Silent Hill 2". ESRB. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Silent Hill 2: Release Data". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams: Release Data". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Silent Hill 2 (PC): Release Data". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Silent Hill HD Collection: Release Data". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Silent Hill 2". IGN. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Silent Hill 2 Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official website (Japanese)