|Series||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 3 (PlayStation Network)|
|Release||PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360|
Sonic Generations is a platform video game for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, and Nintendo 3DS. It was released November 2011. It was developed by Sonic Team and published by Sega. It was released in celebration of the 20th anniversary of the release of the first Sonic the Hedgehog game.
The player controls two Sonic the Hedgehog characters: Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic. The player has to collect all of the Chaos Emeralds and stop an unknown villain from creating a time hole that would change history in a bad way. The game features levels that come from a past game in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. Each level has three stages and two bosses. The stages are Classic, Dreamcast, and Modern. Classic Sonic stages are 2D stages with gameplay in the style of the 2D Sonic games. Modern Sonic stages are 2D/3D stages with gameplay in the style of 3D Sonic games. Each level has an act for both Sonic characters, as well as 10 challenges such as racing an opponent to the goal.
References[change | change source]
- Sterling, Jim. "Sonic Generations confirmed for PC". Destructoid.
- Robinson, Martin. "Sonic Generations is The Best of Sonic". IGN. Archived from the original on 2012-03-12. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
- Totilo, Stephen. "Sonic Generations Is Like A Dream Sonic Game, Except It's Real". Kotaku.
- Nintendo Power, ed. (June 2011). Sonic Generation 3DS Preview. Nintendo. p. 47.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official website (in English)