|Occupation||climate advocate, multimedia journalist, film director|
Early life and education[change | change source]
Sophia Li was born in Minnesota, United States. She lived in province of Shandong, China for two years. After that, she came to Minnesota before her pre-school. She completed her graduation in 2013 from Virginia Commonwealth University with a Bachelor of Arts. She graduated from the Department of Fashion Design and Merchandising.
Career[change | change source]
She works as an entertainment media editor in Vogue for 4 years until 2017. After that, she went to freelance. She became a co-founder of a television show on climate change named "All of the Above". Her business partner was Céline Semaan Vernon. Their show was aired on YouTube and its respective website. They met in an event of HER. Li became a co-host with Babba Riveira and Semaan as the guest. At the same time, Li was also invited to become a board member of Slow Factory Foundation. Besides being a member of Slow Factory, Li was also a board member of Better Shelter.
Honours[change | change source]
Li was named as one of the 16 climate influencers to watch in 2022 by "Harvard Medical School Center for Health and the Global Environment". It was partnered with Pique Action.
References[change | change source]
- Li, Sophia (2022-02-23). "How a climate-conscious podcaster tries to live sustainably: Dilemmas over air travel, exterminators and hardwood floors". Washington Post.
- Tarantin, Lianna (16 April 2021). "Sophia Li on Combating Anti-Asian Hate: 'Our Fight Is Everyone's Fight'". Asia Society.
- Li, Sophia (2021-02-26). "Why I'm No Longer Staying Silent About Anti-Asian Racism". British Vogue.
- Ugincius, Leila (27 April 2015). "Cotton Inc. grant provides career-launching opportunities for fashion students". VCU News.
- "Former Vogue.com editor brings consciousness to digital content". VCUarts. 2019-11-19. Retrieved 2022-03-30.
- "Sophia Li | In Her Shoes". ESSĒN. 2018-02-28.
- Sanchez, Chelsey (2021-04-15). "Céline Semaan and Sophia Li's New Show Reminds Us Not All Hope Is Lost in Fighting Climate Change". Harper's BAZAAR.
- Ferere, Cassell (14 April 2021). "Climate Advocates Céline Semaan And Sophia Li Are Launching The First Sustainability Talk Show". Forbes.
- "Climate Creators to Watch". Climate Creators to Watch.
- Huang, Cecilia (2022-03-08). "8 Asian changemakers for International Women's Day". Cold Tea Collective.
- Mohammed, Zeina (2022-01-31). "Meet the next generation of climate influencers". E&E News.