|Birth name||DeAndre Cortez Way|
|Also known as||Soulja Boy Tell 'Em|
July 28, 1990 |
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Origin||Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.|
He has brought out two albums, called "souljaboytellem.com" and "iSouljaBoyTellEm". Most critics dislike his music, with Entertainment Weekly called souljaboytellem.com a "teenage wasteland" and Artistdirect stating that iSouljaBoyTellEm "falls flat."
Soulja Boy also had an argument with rapper Ice-T, after the argument rappers such as Kanye West and 50 Cent defended Soulja Boy and rappers such as Snoop Dogg and Method Man defended Ice-T.
Awards and nominations[change | change source]
- BET Awards
- BET Hip-Hop Awards
- '2007: Best Hip-Hop Dance (Won)'
- Grammy Awards
- 2008: Best Rap Song: "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" (Nominated)
- Ozone Awards
- '2007: Patiently Waiting: Mississippi (Won)'
- 2008: Best Breakthrough Artist (Nominated)
- 2008: TJ's DJ's Tastemaker Award (Nominated)
- Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards
- 2007: Favorite Male Singer (Nominated)
- Teen Choice Awards
- 2009: Choice Music: Rap Artist (Nominated)
- 2009: Choice Music: R&B Track for "Kiss Me Thru the Phone" (Nominated)
- 2009: Choice Music: Hook Up for "Kiss Me Thru the Phone" (Nominated)
- 2009: Choice Music: Artist (Nominated)
References[change | change source]
- "Soulja Boy Tell'em Ready To Drop Paranormal Activity Mixtape". MTV News. Retrieved 17 April 2016.
- "Soulja Boy Burns Calories, Boosts Street Cred With Arrest". E! Online. Retrieved 17 April 2016.
- Jake Paine (December 10, 2007). "Soulja Boy Comments On Fruity Loops Production". HiphopDX. Retrieved 17 April 2016.