|Theme music composer||Joel Goldsmith|
|Country of origin|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||100|
|Running time||43 minutes approximately|
|Original network||Sci Fi Channel|
|Original release||July 16, 2004 –|
January 9, 2009
|Preceded by||Stargate SG-1|
|Followed by||Stargate: Extinction|
|Related shows||Stargate Universe|
Stargate Atlantis is a television series. It is a spin-off of the Stargate SG-1 series. The series starts at the beginning of the eighth season of Stargate SG-1. Mika McKinnon was a science adviser for this show and Stargate Universe.
Story[change | change source]
The main subject of the seventh season of Stargate SG-1 was researching and locating the city of the Ancients. At the end of the seventh season, SG-1 discovered that the city is on Earth, under the ices of Antarctica. But it was in fact only a beachhead. Doctor Daniel Jackson finds the coordinates of the real city. Its name is Atlantis (the legendary ancient city), and it's in the Pegasus galaxy. The address was hard to find because it needs eight chevrons, the seventh of which is used to indicate the galaxy.
References[change | change source]
- Wagner, Sarah (2017-04-18). "Young Professional Profile: Mika McKinnon, UBC M.S. '10". Yale Scientific Magazine. Retrieved 2018-07-27.
Other websites[change | change source]
- MGM: Stargate Atlantis
- SCI FI: Stargate Atlantis Archived 2008-11-10 at the Wayback Machine
- Stargate Atlantis on IMDb
- Stargate Atlantis episode guide at GateWorld
- Stargate Atlantis Links Directory at GateGuide
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Stargate Atlantis|