Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: state.|
State may mean:
Political science[change | change source]
- A state in politics, which is the same as a country or a nation.
- A city-state in politics, which is a city that is an independent nation.
- A nation state in politics, where the people living in a country have the same nationality.
- A sovereign state in politics
- A U.S. state, one of the 50 members of the United States. A U.S. state is like a province, prefecture, or district in another country.
Science[change | change source]
- A state of matter in chemistry. For example, solid, liquid, or gas.
- An equation of state in thermodynamics.
- An oxidation state in chemistry, referring to the number of electrons added or subtracted from an atom
Computing[change | change source]
- State (computer science), a unique configuration of information in a program or machine
- State (printmaking), a unique form of a print, caused by a deliberate change to a matrix
- State (software), animation software for YouTube and social media sites
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title State.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.