Seagal in 2006
Steven Frederic Seagal|
April 10, 1952
Lansing, Michigan, U.S.
|Other names||Chungdrag Dorje, Takeshigemichi|
|Occupation||Actor, movie producer, martial artist, musician, writer, reserve deputy sheriff|
Miyako Fujitani (1975–1986) |
Adrienne La Russa (1984–1987)
Kelly LeBrock (1987–1996)
Erdenetuya Seagal (neé Batsukh) (2009–present)
|Children||7 (including Ayako Fujitani)|
He later moved to Los Angeles, California. There he made several movies. Under Siege (1992) brought him the most fame. He made several studio movies that were not successful. He then made many direct-to-video movies. These were usually low budget and shot in Europe or Asia.
In 2009 the A&E Network began showing his reality show Steven Seagal: Lawman. This show focuses on his work as a deputy sheriff. In 2011, Steven Seagal produced and starred in a 13 episode television series called True Justice.
Views[change | change source]
He is also known for his outspoken support of Vladimir Putin. Seagal once called Putin as "one of the great living world leaders". He was granted Russian citizenship in 2016. In 2018, the Russian foreign ministry announced that Seagal was appointed as a special envoy to improve ties with the United States.
Personal life[change | change source]
Seagal has seven children from four relationships.
In the United States he married former Days of our Lives actress Adrienne La Russa. During this marriage, he began a relationship with Kelly LeBrock. LeBrock became pregnant. He then ended the marriage with La Russa and married LeBrock. They had 3 children. During his marriage to LeBrock, Seagal was having a relationship with their nanny, Arissa Wolf. She had a daughter.
Filmography[change | change source]
|1988||Above the Law||Nico Toscani|
|1990||Hard to Kill||Mason Storm|
|Marked for Death||John Hatcher|
|1991||Out for Justice||Det. Gino Felino|
|1992||Under Siege||Casey Ryback|
|1994||On Deadly Ground||Forrest Taft|
|1995||Under Siege 2: Dark Territory||Casey Ryback|
|1996||Executive Decision||Lt. Colonel Austin Travis|
|The Glimmer Man||Lt. Jack Cole|
|1997||Fire Down Below||Jack Taggart|
|1998||The Patriot||Dr. Wesley McClaren|
|2001||Exit Wounds||Orin Boyd|
|2002||Half Past Dead||Sasha Petrosevitch|
|2003||The Foreigner||Jonathan Cold|
|Out for a Kill||Prof. Robert Burns|
|Belly of the Beast||Jake Hopper|
|2004||Out of Reach||William Lansing|
|2005||Into the Sun||Travis Hunter|
|Today You Die||Harlan Banks|
|Black Dawn||Jonathan Cold|
|2006||Mercenary for Justice||John Seeger|
|Shadow Man||Jack Foster|
|Attack Force||Cmdr. Marshall Lawson|
|2007||Flight of Fury||John Sands|
|Urban Justice||Simon Ballister|
|2008||Pistol Whipped||Matt Conlin|
|The Onion Movie||Cock Puncher|
|2009||Against the Dark||Tao|
|Driven to Kill||Ruslan|
|The Keeper||Roland Sallinger|
|2009–||Steven Seagal: Lawman||(himself)|
|2010||A Dangerous Man||Shane Daniels|
|2011||Born to Raise Hell||Samuel Axel|
|2012||Maximum Conviction||Tom Steele|
|TBA||Tip Of The Spear||Unknown|
Discography[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Steven Seagal – About Steven. Stevenseagal.com (1952-04-10). Retrieved on 2011-11-19.
- Goldstein, Patrick (1988-02-14). "Steven Seagal Gets a Shot at Stardom". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- Britishaikido.com, Retrieved on January 27, 2008. Britishaikido.com. Retrieved on 2011-11-19.
- "Sure, He's Making a Box-Office Killing—but Who Is Steven Seagal?". People. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Wang, Amy B. (20 March 2018). "Steven Seagal accused of raping an 18-year-old — adding to decades of claims against the actor". The Washington Post. Retrieved 5 August 2018. More than one of
- Mancini, Vince (6 January 2015). "A Brief History Of Sexual Assault Allegations Against Steven Seagal". Uproxx.com. Uproxx Media Group. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "Blogs - Six Things You Didn't Know About Steven Seagal - AMC". Blogs.amctv.com. 2011-03-23. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- Flintoff, Corey (16 October 2007). "Dalai Lama Draws Strong Reactions on Both Sides". NPR. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- Cassola, Paola (13 April 2010). "Steven Seagal - The actor of Under Siege is accused of sexual harrassment [sic]". Vogue Italia. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
MT140327. (). : Invalid
- "Actor Steven Seagal made special US-Russia envoy". BBC.com. British Broadcasting Company. 5 August 2018.
- Dan Mathews (2001). "Getting tough with Steven Seagal". PETA: Animal Times. Retrieved 2006-05-07.
- Steven Seagal-buddhist. Japanese-buddhism.com. Retrieved on 2011-11-19.
- Paul Smith. "E! TV- "E! True Hollywood Story" – Steven Seagal". E!. Retrieved 2006-06-25.
- "Mini Facts". Retrieved 2007-01-27.
- "Spiritually Retreat With Steven Seagal". Luke Ford. Retrieved 2007-01-27.
- "Proud father of seven Steven Seagal shows off baby son on reality show". Daily Mail. London. 2010-10-21. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
- Los Angeles City Ethics Commission – Search Contributions. Ethics.lacity.org. Retrieved on 2011-11-19.
- Charles Carreon. "Steven Seagal Comes Out of the Buddhist Closet". American Buddha Online Library. Retrieved 2007-05-24.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Steven Seagal at Wikimedia Commons