|Born||20 April 1897 (claimed)|
|Died||27 February 2020 (claimed age 122)|
At the claimed age of 122 years, 313 days, some Indian newspapers reported him as the oldest Indian ever. One report also claimed an age of 121 in 2011, which would put his birth in 1890. Chaturvedi was a contemporary of Mahatma Gandhi, whom he first met when studying the Vedas in a gurukula in northern India.
Chaturvedi died on 27 February 2020, at the claimed age of 122.
References[change | change source]
- If it works for the young man, it sure works for us, Churumuri, 12 September 2009
- Many recent newspaper accounts are consistent with an 1897 date, but the biographical sketch in Seunarine's book mentioned below gives a date of 4 April 1901
- "Dancers leave audience spellbound", The Times of India, 28 Jun 2009
- "I have no desire for death: Pt Sudhakar Chaturvedi", Times of India, 2 Oct 2011, archived from the original on 2011-11-14, retrieved 2020-02-27
- N Bhanutej (18 July 1998), "Been there, seen that: 101-yr-old-man still rages at Dyer's "fire"", Indian Express, retrieved 2013-06-18
- Centenarian scholar Sudhakar Chaturvedi passes away