Susan Magdalane Boyle (born 1 April 1961) is a Scottish singer who became famous through Britain's Got Talent. Her version of "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Misérables has many video views on YouTube. She appeared on America's Got Talent. Boyle's first album I Dreamed a Dream was released on 23 November 2009. It went straight to number one in the UK Albums Chart. It sold more copies than any other album in the UK in 2009.
She has had two no. 1 albums in the United States.
Personal life[change | change source]
Boyle was born at Bangour General Hospital in Blackburn, West Lothian, She is youngest daughter of Patrick Boyle and his wife, She have four brothers and five sisters by her family.
She has lived in the same council house in Blackburn, West Lothian, Scotland all her life. She has a cat named Pebbles. Boyle's autobiography, The Woman I Was Born to Be: My Story, was published in 2010. She was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome in 2012. She is a Roman Catholic.
References[change | change source]
- "Interview with Susan's brother Gerry Boyle on RadioLive NZ". Radiolive.co.nz. Retrieved 23 February 2011.
- Scottish genealogist Caroline Gerard found her official birth entry at New Register House in Edinburgh Susan Boyle's Astrology Horoscope
- Boyle "just turned 48". "Suddenly Susan!", People, 4 May 2009, p. 52. As is common with magazines, the issue was published about 10 days before its cover date, implying that her birth date was sometime in April 1961.
- "Chart Stats - Susan Boyle - I Dreamed A Dream". archive.is. 29 July 2012. Archived from the original on 29 July 2012.
- Boyle, Susan (2010-10-12). The Woman I Was Born to Be: My Story. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 978-1-4516-0927-1.
- "Boyle reveals Asperger's diagnosis". 8 December 2013 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Parish choir singer Susan Boyle becomes overnight sensation". Catholic News Agency.