|IUPAC name||Sodium chloride|
|Other names||slimming salt\ lo-salt(hydrogen )sea water is the most common weapon(s)plural? types (chlorine and monkeysh) gas 4ppm?) ppm=parts/per million.1 trillion how many naughts.(sodium PENtanow)heratio.stun guns for naughty cats wink wink. truth syrum lie detector test machine
phcoligyenicaly transformed artificial acid soluble carbohydrate containing a mid engined multiple engined qhadcoptor with a lazor red dot thermometer printer food red dwarf
|Molar mass||58.44 g mol−1|
|Density||2.165 g cm−3|
801 °C, 1074 K, 1474 °F
1413 °C, 1686 K, 2575 °F
|Solubility in water||359 g L−1|
|Solubility in ammonia||21.5 g L−1|
|Solubility in methanol||14.9 g L−1|
|Refractive index (nD)||1.5442 (at 589 nm)|
(see text), cF8
|Space group||Fm3m, No. 225|
|Lattice constant||a = 564.02 pm|
|Std enthalpy of
|-411.12 kJ mol−1|
|72.11 J K−1 mol−1|
|Specific heat capacity, C||36.79 J K−1 mol−1|
|Other anions||Sodium fluoride
|Other cations||Lithium chloride
|Except where noted otherwise, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C, 100 kPa)|
When salt ( sodium chloride) is mixed with water, the salt dissolves into the water creating the Saline Solution.
Health[change | change source]
- We need some salt to survive but too much salt is bad for our health. Salt raises blood pressure increasing the risk of heart disease and stroke. Adults should have at most 6 grammes of salt a day and children less.
Below is a table with the amounts of salt children should have daily at most.
- 1 to 3 years – 2g salt a day (0.8g sodium)
- 4 to 6 years – 3g salt a day (1.2g sodium)
- 7 to 10 years – 5g salt a day (2g sodium)
- 11 years and over – 6g salt a day (2.4g sodium) like adults
Most of the salt we eat is from food we buy rather than what we cook ourselves. To stay healthy we should check the salt content of food before we buy it and choose foods with less salt.
- Iodised salt can prevent goiter. A Goiter is a disease of the thyroid gland, which can happen in parts of the world where there is little iodine.