Manchester of the North, Manse (in Finnish)
|• City manager||Lauri Lyly|
|• Total||689.59 km2 (266.25 sq mi)|
|• Land||525.03 km2 (202.72 sq mi)|
|• Water||164.56 km2 (63.54 sq mi)|
|Area rank||166th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||3rd largest in Finland|
|• Density||448.76/km2 (1,162.3/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||94.9% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||13.3%|
|• 15 to 64||67.5%|
|• 65 or older||19.2%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||20.25%|
Tampere (Swedish: Tammerfors) is the third biggest city in Finland. It is the capital of the Pirkanmaa area. Neighbour municipalities are Kangasala, Lempäälä, Nokia, Pirkkala, Vesilahti, Hämeenkyrö, Orivesi, Pälkäne and Ylöjärvi.
The population of Tampere was 215,144 in 2011.
History[change | change source]
Tampere was started in 1779. At 1800's, Tampere became to be a notable industrialized city and one of the biggest cities in Finland.
Gallery[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age (1-year) and sex by area and the regional division of each statistical reference year, 2003-2020". StatFin. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 2 May 2021.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2021" (PDF). Tax Administration of Finland. 1 December 2020. Retrieved 10 April 2021.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-01-18. Retrieved 2012-02-25.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Tampere at Wikimedia Commons