Tampere City Centre
Manchester of the North, Manse (in Finnish)
Location of Tampere in Finland
|• City manager||Lauri Lyly|
|• Total||689.59 km2 (266.25 sq mi)|
|• Land||525.03 km2 (202.72 sq mi)|
|• Water||164.56 km2 (63.54 sq mi)|
|Area rank||166th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||3rd largest in Finland|
|• Density||446.53/km2 (1,156.5/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||94.9% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||13.8%|
|• 15 to 64||70.6%|
|• 65 or older||15.7%|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||19%|
Tampere (Swedish: Tammerfors) is the third biggest city in Finland. It is the capital of the Pirkanmaa area. Neighbour municipalities are Kangasala, Lempäälä, Nokia, Pirkkala, Vesilahti, Hämeenkyrö, Orivesi, Pälkäne and Ylöjärvi.
The population of Tampere was 215,144 in 2011.
History[change | change source]
Tampere was started in 1779. At 1800's, Tampere became to be a notable industrialized city and one of the biggest cities in Finland.
Gallery[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku kuukausittain sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, elokuu 2018" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 21 October 2018.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Tampere at Wikimedia Commons