Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Region||Bay of Plenty|
|Territorial authority||Tauranga City Council|
Te Papa-Welcome Bay
|Gazetted as a borough||1882|
|City constituted||17 April 1963|
Bay of Plenty
|• MP (Tauranga)||Simon Bridges (National)|
|• MP (Bay of Plenty)||Todd Muller (National)|
|• Deputy Mayor||Tina Salisbury|
|• Territorial||168 km2 (65 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||232 m (761 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|• Density||920/km2 (2,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+12 (NZST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+13 (NZDT)|
3110, 3112, 3116, 3118
|Local iwi||Ngāti Ranginui, Ngāi Te Rangi, Ngāti Pūkenga|
Notable residents[change | change source]
- Simon Bridges – politician; Former Leader of the New Zealand National Party
- Phil Rudd – drummer for AC/DC
Past residents[change | change source]
- Les Munro – Dambusters veteran
- Winston Peters – former MP for Tauranga, leader of NZ First, politician
Sister cities[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Population estimate tables - NZ.Stat". Statistics New Zealand. Retrieved 22 October 2021.
- "100 Māori words every New Zealander should know – Māori Language Week | NZHistory, New Zealand history online". Nzhistory.net.nz. 1 August 1987. Archived from the original on 1 August 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Tauranga pronunciation: How to pronounce Tauranga in Māori, English". Forvo.com. 12 April 2008. Archived from the original on 11 September 2015. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Community Partnerships" (PDF). tauranga.govt.nz. Tauranga City Council. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tauranga.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide about: Tauranga|