|Birth name||Theodore Anthony Nugent|
|Born||December 13, 1948|
Redford, Michigan, U.S.
Theodore Anthony "Ted" Nugent (born December 13, 1948) is an American musician, singer and songwriter. He was born in Detroit, Michigan. He moved to Palatine, Illinois during his teens. He has had many hit records as a member of different music groups. He has also had hit songs as a solo musician.
Nugent started playing music as the guitarist for The Amboy Dukes in 1963. After the band ended, he started making music by himself. His first three albums, Ted Nugent (1975), Free-for-All (1976) and Cat Scratch Fever (1977), were very successful. They were certified platinum by the RIAA. His most popular songs are "Stranglehold" and "Cat Scratch Fever". In the 1980s and 1990s he was a member of Damn Yankees, a supergroup.
Nugent is also known for talking about his conservative opinions about politics. He is a supporter of gun rights, and a member of the National Rifle Association. In 2012, the Secret Service investigated Nugent because of things he said about President Barack Obama.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Phillips, William (2008). Encyclopedia of Heavy Metal Music. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 23. ISBN 978-0313348006.
- ↑ "Ted Nugent: Romney Camp 'Expressed Support' After Controversial Comments on Obama". ABC News. May 4, 2012. Retrieved February 14, 2013.
- ↑ "Ted Nugent". Ted Nugent. Retrieved August 11, 2012.
- ↑ Rolling Stone, August 24, 2007, Elizabeth Goodman, Ted Nugent Threatens to Kill Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton During Vicious Onstage Rant Archived 2018-06-27 at the Wayback Machine, Retrieved April 8, 2018, "....Renegade right-winger Ted Nugent recently went on a vicious onstage rant in which he threatened the lives of Democratic presidential candidates Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton...."
- ↑ Root, Jay (May 3, 2012). "Bearing Arms and Cranking Up the Controversy". New York Times.
- ↑ Alessia Grunberger, April 7, 2018, CNN, Ted Nugent likens Democrats, media, academics to 'rabid coyotes', Retrieved April 8, 2018, "..."So come to that realization," he continued. "There are rabid coyotes running around, you don't wait till you see one to go get your gun, keep your gun handy. And every time you see one, shoot one."..."