Conservatives in the United States
Conservatives in the United States have many different political ideas about how individuals and government should act. The people listed below are, or were, regarded as conservatives. Only a few politicians in the 19th century called themselves "conservative" but later scholars sometimes say the Federalist Party was conservative.
Conservative thinkers and leaders[change | change source]
These are some important conservatives in America:
Gallery[change | change source]
Relevant pages[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
- The Heritage Foundation, generally considered world's most influential conservative think tank.
- ReaganConservatives.us, promoting traditional conservative beliefs in politics and faith.
- Project for a New American Century, neoconservative think tank.
- National Review magazine, influential conservative political magazine.
- Townhall.com, conservative news, information, and commentary.
- Chronicles magazine.
- The American Conservative magazine.
- "The Leadership Institute".
- "The Origins of the Modern American Conservative Movement," Heritage Foundation.
- "Conservative Predominance in the U.S.: A Moment or an Era?", 21 experts from the U.S. and abroad, ponder the future of conservatism.
- Dictionary of the History of Ideas: Conservatism at the University of Virginia.