Adelson in June 2010
Sheldon Gary Adelson
August 4, 1933
|Residence||Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.|
|Alma mater||City College of New York|
|Occupation||Founder, Chairman and CEO of Las Vegas Sands|
|Net worth||US$40.1 billion (February 2018)|
|Political party||Republican (1996–present)|
Sheldon Gary Adelson (pronounced //; born August 4, 1933) is an American business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is the founder, chairman and chief executive officer of Las Vegas Sands Corporation, which owns the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore.
Adelson also owns the The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino and the Sands Expo and Convention Center. He also owns the Israeli daily newspaper Israel Hayom and the American daily newspaper Las Vegas Review-Journal.
References[change | change source]
- "Sheldon Adelson". Forbes. February 11, 2018.
- Primack, Dan (December 16, 2015). "Yes, Sheldon Adelson Bought The Las Vegas Review-Journal". Fortune. Archived from the original on December 16, 2015. Retrieved December 16, 2015.
- Yilek, Caitlin. "GOP mega-donor Sheldon Adelson 'furious' over Rex Tillerson comments: Report". The Washington Examiner. Archived from the original on May 23, 2017. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- An Interview With Philanthropist Extraordinaire Sheldon Adelson, Marcia Friedman, The Jewish Press, December 28, 2011
- Who Is Sheldon Adelson, the Gingrich Super PAC's Billionaire Backer?, Molly Ball, The Atlantic, January 25, 2012
- Secrets of the billionaire bankrolling Gingrich's shot at the White House, Paul Harris, The Guardian, January 28, 2011