The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story is the second season of the FX true crime anthology television series American Crime Story. The season premiered on January 17, 2018, and ended on March 21, 2018.
In 9 episodes, the series is about the murder of designer Gianni Versace by spree killer Andrew Cunanan, based on Maureen Orth's book Vulgar Favors: Andrew Cunanan, Gianni Versace, and the Largest Failed Manhunt in U.S. History. The series stars Édgar Ramírez, Darren Criss, Ricky Martin, and Penélope Cruz.
The season received positive reviews from critics, with praise for most of the performances.
At the 70th Primetime Emmy Awards, it received the most nominations with nine, and won three awards, including Outstanding Limited Series and Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie for Criss.
Cast[change | change source]
- Édgar Ramírez as Gianni Versace
- Darren Criss as Andrew Cunanan
- Ricky Martin as Antonio D'Amico
- Penélope Cruz as Donatella Versace
- Cody Fern as David Madson
- Judith Light as Marilyn Miglin
- Finn Wittrock as Jeff Trail
- Mike Farrell as Lee Miglin
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "American Crime Story: Versace Gets January Premiere Date on FX". November 2017. Retrieved November 9, 2017.
- ↑ "'American Crime Story' Renewed By FX For Season 3, Will Take On Versace Murder". 18 October 2016. Retrieved October 18, 2016.
- ↑ Littleton, Cynthia (December 11, 2017). "The Assassination of Gianni Versace: 6 Things We Learned From FX's First Screening". Variety. Retrieved December 12, 2017.
- ↑ Orth, Maureen (1999). Vulgar Favors: Andrew Cunanan, Gianni Versace, and the Largest Failed Manhunt in U.S. History (1st; Hardcover ed.). Delacorte Press. ISBN 9780385332866.
- ↑ Koblin, John (September 17, 2018). "2018 Emmys: 'Game of Thrones' and 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' Win Top Awards". The New York Times. Retrieved September 18, 2018.