On August 31, 2014, a collection of almost 500 private pictures of many celebrities, mostly women, and with many having their nudes, were posted on the imageboard 4chan, and later shared by other users on websites and social networks such as Imgur and Reddit.
Many criticized the Apple Inc. company for not have a secure privacy server.
On September 20, 2014, a second batch of similar private photos of additional celebrities was leaked by hackers. On September 26, a third batch was also leaked, which was dubbed as "The Fappening 3".
References[change | change source]
- "Apple denies iCloud breach in celebrity nude photo hack". The Verge. Retrieved September 2, 2014.
- "The sex crime we need to talk about".
- Stone, Jeff (September 8, 2014). "Reddit Fappening Ban Triggers Outraged Response From Nude Photo Distributor".
- "Business Insider: Here's How Hacked Celebrities Are Responding To The Latest Round Of Nude Photos". Business Insider. September 22, 2014. Retrieved October 5, 2014.
- "The Fappening 3: More Nude Photos Of Stars Leak Online — Cara Delevingne & More – Hollywood Life". Hollywood Life. September 28, 2014. Archived from the original on November 11, 2014. Retrieved October 5, 2014.
- "The Fappening 3 – Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leaked". The Hacking Post – Latest hacking News & Security Updates. Archived from the original on October 19, 2014. Retrieved October 28, 2014.