|Created by||William Hanna|
|Directed by||William Hanna|
|Voices of||Alan Reed|
Jean Vander Pyl
|Theme music composer||Hoyt Curtin|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||Original series: 6|
Revived series: 1
|No. of episodes||166 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||Original series: |
September 30, 1960 – April 11, 1966
|Followed by||The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show|
The Flintstones was an American animated sitcom directed by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera. There were six seasons consisting of 166 episodes. Each episode was 25 minutes long. A pilot episode was released in 1959 and the show aired between September 30, 1960 and April 1, 1966 on ABC.
Characters[change | change source]
- Frederick "Fred" J. Flintstone. The main and title character of the series.
- Barney Rubble. Fred's best friend.
New Version[change | change source]
A new version of The Flintstones was scheduled to air in 2013 on Fox and was to be created by Seth MacFarlane. However, the show never made it past production.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Doll, Pancho (1994-06-02). "Reel Life/Film & Video File: Music Helped 'Flintstones' on Way to Fame: In 1960, Hoyt Curtin created the lively theme for the Stone Age family. The show's producers say it may be the most frequently broadcast song on TV". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-11-10.
- ↑ "Top 100 animated series". IGN. Archived from the original on 2010-06-16. Retrieved 2010-10-19.
- ↑ "Flintstones! Meet 'The Flintstones' on Fox; New Animated Series from Seth MacFarlane". 16 May 2011. Archived from the original on 30 June 2020. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- 1960 establishments in the United States
- 1966 disestablishments in the United States
- 1960s American animated television series
- American sitcoms
- Fictional families
- Period television series
- Television series about dinosaurs
- Television series about families
- The Flintstones
- English-language television programs
- 1960 television series debuts
- 1966 television series endings