The Kid Laroi
The Kid Laroi
Charlton Kenneth Jeffrey Howard
17 August 2003
Waterloo, New South Wales, Australia
Charlton Kenneth Jeffrey Howard (born 17 August 2003), known professionally as the Kid Laroi (stylised as The Kid LAROI), is an Australian rapper, singer, and songwriter. He is the winner of many awards, including two ARIA Music Awards, five Billboard Music Awards, an iHeartRadio Music Award, and nominations for two Grammy Awards and three MTV Video Music Awards.
Career[change | change source]
Early years[change | change source]
Howard started out recording "raps" over beats on his mother's phone and uploading them to SoundCloud. In an interview with Triple J, Howard said that the first rap name he gave himself was "FC6". In 2015, Howard formed the duo "Dream$Team" with Adelaide rapper DJ Marcus Jr. (Aka LadyKiller) who became his mentor and support. The two recorded songs together and performed to local audiences as DJ Marcus Jr. guided him through promoting, recording and developing buzz.
References[change | change source]
- "Howard Charlton Kenneth Jeffrey – BPI Repertoire". BPI Repertoire. 2020. Archived from the original on 26 June 2020. Retrieved 24 June 2020.
- charlton [@thekidlaroi] (15 August 2020). "My bday is actually on the 17th da Internet is a lie" (Tweet). Archived from the original on 15 August 2020. Retrieved 10 August 2021 – via Twitter.
- "The Kid LAROI Talks 'Go' Collab With 'Big Brother' Juice WRLD & Relationship-Fueled 'F--k Love' Project". Billboard. 16 June 2020. Retrieved 10 August 2021.
- "At Just 16 Years Old, The Kid Laroi Is Shaking Up SoundCloud Rap". Study Breaks. 14 April 2020. Retrieved 10 August 2021.
- Meet The Kid LAROI, 14 with a dream, retrieved 16 August 2021
- Jrr, Marcus (2021). "Instagram - Laroi performing from Marcus Jn archives". instagram.com. Archived from the original on 26 December 2021. Retrieved 11 August 2021.