The Shape of Water
The Shape of Water is a 2017 American fantasy drama movie directed by Guillermo del Toro and written by del Toro and Vanessa Taylor. The movie stars Sally Hawkins, Michael Shannon, Richard Jenkins, Doug Jones, Michael Stuhlbarg, and Octavia Spencer. It is set in Baltimore in 1962, the plot is about a mute custodian at a high-security government laboratory who becomes friends with a captured humanoid-amphibian creature.
The movie won two Golden Globes for Best Director and Best Original Score. At the 71st British Academy Film Awards, the movie received 12 nominations, winning Best Movie. The movie won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 2018.
References[change | change source]
- "The Shape of Water". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- Kiang, Jessica (August 31, 2017). "Guillermo Del Toro's 'The Shape of Water' Is Sweet & Scary Movie Magic [Venice Review]". The Playlist. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- Zack Shard (August 31, 2017). "'The Shape of Water' Reviews Rave About Sally Hawkins' 'Once-in-a-Lifetime' Silent Performance". Indiewire. Retrieved September 2, 2017.
- Rubin, Rebecca (December 11, 2017). "Golden Globe Nominations: Complete List". Variety. Retrieved December 11, 2017.
- "The Shape of Water leads Bafta nominations". BBC News. January 9, 2018. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- McNary, Dave. "Guillermo del Toro's 'Shape of Water' Gets Awards Season Release Date". Variety. Retrieved April 19, 2017.