|Origin||Brisbane, Queensland, Australia|
|Genres||Alternative rock, Synthpop, Pop rock, Pop punk, New wave, Dance-pop|
|Labels||Warner Music, Sire, Rhino, London, Pony Canyon|
|Associated acts||Michael Paynter, Toby Gad, 1984|
The Veronicas are an Australian pop rock duo from Brisbane. The band was formed in 2004. It was started by twin sisters Jessica and Lisa Origliasso. They started working in show business at age five. They broke with their record label, Warner, in 2014. The twins said “After five years of being in a 'Warner Brothers Records Lockdown', we are officially able to move forward RELEASING and recording music without our past label dictating our creative journey, or withholding our musical releases and touring.” The Veronicas then signed a deal with Sony.
Their first album was released in 2005, called The Secret Life of.... This album peaked at #2 on the Australian charts. It received an ARIA certification of four times platinum, for more than 280,000 sales.
Their second album was called Hook Me Up. It was released in 2007. Hook Me Up peaked at #2 on the Australian charts. It received a certification of two times platinum. The album's title song, "Hook Me Up", was The Veronicas' first number one single in Australia.
The Veronicas released their third album You and Me in 2014.
Studio albums[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Jeffries, David. "The Veronicas > Overview". allmusic. Retrieved 31 August 2010.
- "Veronicas". top40-charts.com. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "The Veronicas Biography". Billboard. Archived from the original on 14 November 2015. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- Staff writer (21 March 2014). "The Veronicas Return With Sony Deal After Warner Dispute". The Music/Street Press Australia Pty Ltd. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- Tim Byron (20 November 2014). "The Veronicas review – the twin sisters almost get with the times". Guardian News and Media Limited. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Veronicas.|