|Industry||Consumer electronics, navigation technology|
|Headquarters||De Ruijterkade, Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|Harold Goddijn (CEO), Corinne Vigreux (CMO and co-founder), Taco Titulaer (CFO), Derk Haank (chairman of the supervisory board), Alain De Taeye (management board)|
|Products||devices, digital map, software and services|
|Revenue||€ 701 million (2019)|
|€ 56 million (2018)|
|€ 45 million (2018)|
|Total assets||€ 1.5 billion (2018)|
|Total equity||€ 774 million (2018)|
Number of employees
|4,500 (end of 2019)|
|Footnotes / references|
History[change | change source]
TomTom was founded in 1991.[source?]
In September 2005, TomTom bought Datafactory AG.
In 2006, TomTom Traffic was created after buying Applied Generics.
In 2008, the company owned Tele Atlas.
In 2014, the company was a partner with Volkswagen Group during the research on Highly Automated Driving (HAD) systems. TomTom N.V. provided Volkswagen Group, Mercedes, Toyota and other big carmakers with their navigation devices.
Structure[change | change source]
Location technology refers to the company's automotive and enterprise businesses. The company provides cars, tech specialists, some companies and government bodies with maps and navigation software.
Products and services[change | change source]
TomTom N.V. offers three types of products: maps, connected services and (navigation) software. The company sells Navigation devices (PNDs) and TomTom GO navigation apps.
A TomTom's traffic monitoring service uses different sources to give traffic information by combining data from:
- traditional sources: governmental/third-party data such as induction loops in the roads, cameras and traffic surveillance
- new sources: traffic flow of millions of anonymous mobile phone users.
References[change | change source]
- "TomTom Annual Report and Accounts 2018" (PDF). TomTom NV. 2018. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- ""TomTom Annual Report and Accounts 2018" (PDF). TomTom NV. 2018. Retrieved 2 August 2018".
- "TomTom to acquire Datafactory". www.telecompaper.com. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "TomTom navigates way to a takeover of Applied Generics". www.scotsman.com. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "TomTom CEO has no regrets about Tele Atlas buy". Reuters. 2009-02-24. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "TomTom to become Apple phone default satnav program". the Guardian. 2012-06-12. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "TomTom and Volkswagen partner to shape the future of Highly Automated Driving (AMS:TOMTOM)". 2018-08-07. Archived from the original on 2018-08-07. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "TomTom signs deal to supply satnavs in Volkswagen cars". Financial Times. 12 February 2015. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- Proper, Levien de Feijter and Ellen (2015-11-12). "Uber Strikes Digital Maps Deal With TomTom". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "TomTom closes deal with Huawei for use of maps and services: spokesman". Reuters. 2020-01-17. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "staff (18 March 2019). "Annual report & accounts 2019". TomTom corporate. Retrieved 22 January 2021".
- "UPDATE 1-TomTom posts 41% slump in revenue but sees signs of recovery". Reuters. 2020-07-15. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "Bloomberg Technology - Bloomberg". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "TOMTOM (TOM2.AS) company profile & facts – Yahoo Finance". uk.finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "TomTom | Maps and Services Shop". Tomtom. 2021-03-22. Retrieved 2021-04-01.