Raworth in 2003 (photographed by Gloria Graham)
|Born||July 19, 1938|
Bexleyheath, London, England
|Died||February 8, 2017 (aged 78)|
|Occupation||Poet, publisher, editor, teacher|
|Education||University of Essex|
|Genre||poetry, essays, translation|
|Literary movement||British Poetry Revival, Late-Modernism|
Thomas Moore Raworth (July 19, 1938 – February 8, 2017) known as Tom Raworth, was a British poet and visual artist. He published over forty books of poetry and prose during his life. His work has been translated and published in many countries. Raworth was a key figure in the British Poetry Revival.
References[change | change source]
- "Tom Raworth 1938 - 2017 -". 10 February 2017.
- Rumens, Carol (31 March 2014). "Poem of the week: Never Entered Mind by Tom Raworth" – via The Guardian.
- "Culture stars who died in 2017: from Tara Palmer-Tomkinson to Tom Raworth". The Telegraph.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Tom Raworth at Wikimedia Commons
- Raworth at EPC (includes extensive bibliography) Archived 2009-04-17 at Archive-It
- "Tom Raworth", 9th International Literature Festival Berlin
- Tom Raworth's Home Page
- "Add-Verse" a poetry-photo-video project Tom Raworth participated in
- Raworth archive at University of Connecticut Archived 2013-09-21 at the Wayback Machine
- David Ball biography at Smith College Archived 2014-11-02 at the Wayback Machine