Transcription may mean:
- Transcription (linguistics), the conversion of spoken words into written language. Also the conversion of handwriting, or a photograph of text into pure text
- Transcription (genetics), the process of copying DNA to RNA by an enzyme called RNA polymerase (RNAP)
- Transcription (music), either notating an unnotated piece, common in ethnomusicology, or rewriting a piece, either simply recopying (as for clarity), or as an arrangement for another instrument
- Medical transcription, documentation of patients medical records
- Piano transcription, a piece of music played on one or more pianos that is an approximation of a source piece of music
- in computer speech recognition, transcription is the process of having a speech recognition system/software listen to prerecorded voice and then make it insert the recognizable words into a document for later correction
Related pages[change | change source]
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Transcription.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.