Truncated differential cryptanalysis
In cryptography, truncated differential cryptanalysis is a generalization of differential cryptanalysis, an attack model against block ciphers. In 1994 Lars Knudsen designed the technique, during this period ordinary differential cryptanalysis analyzes the full difference between two texts, the truncated version considers differences that are only determined to some extent. It has been applied to SAFER, IDEA, Skipjack, E2, Twofish, Camellia, CRYPTON, and the stream cipher Salsa20 as well.
References[change | change source]
- Lars Knudsen (1994). "Truncated and Higher Order Differentials" (PDF/PostScript). 2nd International Workshop on Fast Software Encryption (FSE 1994) : pp.196–211Leuven: Springer-Verlag. Retrieved on 2007-02-14.
- Lars Knudsen, Thomas Berson (1996). "Truncated Differentials of SAFER" (PDF/PostScript). 3rd International Workshop on Fast Software Encryption (FSE 1996) : pp.15–26Cambridge: Springer-Verlag. Retrieved on 2007-02-27.
- Johan Borst, Lars R. Knudsen, Vincent Rijmen (May 1997). "Two Attacks on Reduced IDEA" (gzipped PostScript). Advances in Cryptology - EUROCRYPT '97 : pp.1–13Konstanz: Springer-Verlag. Retrieved on 2007-03-08.
- Lars Knudsen, M.J.B. Robshaw, David Wagner (1999). "Truncated Differentials and Skipjack" (PostScript). Advances in Cryptology - CRYPTO '99 : pp.165–180Santa Barbara, California: Springer-Verlag. Retrieved on 2007-02-27.
- M. Matsui, T. Tokita (1999). "Cryptanalysis of a Reduced Version of the Block Cipher E2" (PDF). 6th International Workshop on Fast Software Encryption (FSE 1999) : pp.71–80Rome: Springer-Verlag. Retrieved on 2007-02-27.
- Shiho Moriai, Yiqun Lisa Yin (2000). "Cryptanalysis of Twofish (II)" (PDF). Retrieved on 27 February 2007.
- Paul Crowley (2006). "Truncated differential cryptanalysis of five rounds of Salsa20". http://www.ciphergoth.org/crypto/salsa20. Retrieved 2007-02-27.