Seguin with the Stars on December 23, 2013
|Born||January 31, 1992
Brampton, ON, CAN
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||182 lb (83 kg; 13 st 0 lb)|
|NHL Draft||2nd overall, 2010
He was selected by the Boston Bruins with the 2nd overall pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. He played 2 seasons in the OHL with the Plymouth Whalers. Seguin has also played in the NHL for the Boston Bruins for 3 seasons. During his time with the Bruins, he won the Stanley Cup on June 15, 2011 when they defeated the Vancouver Canucks in game 7 by a score of 4-0. On July 4, 2013, he was traded by the Bruins along with Rich Peverley, and Ryan Button to the Dallas Stars for Loui Eriksson, along with Reilly Smith, Matt Fraser, and Joe Morrow.
Awards[change | change source]
- He won the Spengler Cup in 2012.
- He won the Boston Bruins 7th Player Award in 2012.
- He played in the 2012 NHL All-Star Game
- Stanley Cup (2011) - with the Boston Bruins
- He won the Eddie Powers Memorial Trophy for highest scorer in the Ontario Hockey League, alongside Taylor Hall of the Windsor Spitfires (2009–10)
- He won the Red Tilson Trophy for the most outstanding player in the Ontario Hockey League (2009-10)
- He won the CHL Top Draft Prospect Award as the top eligible prospect for the NHL Entry Draft from the Canadian Hockey League.
- He won the gold medal in the 2009 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament in Slovakia
- He won the gold medal in the 2009 World U-17 Hockey Challenge in British Columbia.