U. R. Ananthamurthy
|U. R. Ananthamurthy|
|Born||21 December 1932|
Melige, Tirthahalli taluk, Shimoga District, Kingdom of Mysore, British India
|Died||22 August 2014 (aged 81)|
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
|Genres||Fiction, literary criticism|
Udupi Rajagopalacharya Ananthamurthy (Kannada: ಉಡುಪಿ ರಾಜಗೋಪಾಲಾಚಾರ್ಯ ಅನಂತಮೂರ್ತಿ; 21 December 1932 - 22 August 2014) was an Indian writer and critic. He wrote in the Kannada language. He was thought to be as one of the pioneers of the Navya movement. In 1998, he received the Padma Bhushan award from the Government of India.
References[change | change source]
- "U.R. Ananthamurthy". International literature festival Berlin. Foundation for Art and Politics and the Berliner Festspiele, German UNESCO committee. Retrieved 28 June 2007.
- "Jnanapeeth Awards". Ekavi foundation. Ekavi. Retrieved 28 June 2007.
- "Padma Bhushan Awardees". Ministry of Communications and Information Technology. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Lydia Davis wins the Man Booker International Prize 2013". Man Brooker Prize. 22 May 2013. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- Veteran Kannada writer Anantha Murthy passes away
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to U. R. Ananthamurthy at Wikimedia Commons