Udo Jürgens in 2010
|Birth name||Udo Jürgen Bockelmann|
|Born||30 September 1934|
|Died||21 December 2014 (aged 80)|
|Website||Official website (German)|
Udo Jürgens (born Udo Jürgen Bockelmann, 30 September 1934 – 21 December 2014) was an Austrian composer and singer of popular music whose career spans over fifty years. He wrote more than 800 songs and sold over 100 million records. In 2007 he additionally obtained Swiss citizenship. He was known for his song "Reach for the Stars".
References[change | change source]
- Jan Meyer-Veden (29 July 2004). "Philosophische Hilfestellungen (159. Folge). Diesmal für: Udo Jürgens, Selbstdarsteller". Lebensart (in German). Zeit Online. Retrieved 29 October 2010.
- Udo Jürgens ist jetzt Schweizer, article published on 28 February 2007 at blick.ch (in German)
- Udo Jürgens an Herzversagen verstorben (German)
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Udo Jürgens at Wikimedia Commons
- Excerpts from a thesis on Jürgens (2002) by Christian Mädler (German)
- Official website (German)
- Udo Jürgens discography at Discogs