Type of site
|Owner||Works are owned by their authors|
CC BY-NC-SA 2.0 (English-language version)
|Created by||Jonathan "Chronarion" Huang,|
|Launched||January 5, 2005|
Uncyclopedia was started by Jonathan Huang and his friend named "Stillwaters". It was made on January 5, 2005. Uncyclopedia's logo is a hollow potato named Sophia. This makes fun of Wikipedia's globe logo.
They have a guide on writing called HTBFANJS (How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid). This page helps users learn how Uncyclopedia is not like Wikipedia. It also helps people write so it matches the rest of Uncyclopedia.
Most encyclopedias try not to have opinions on things. They just try to tell facts. Uncyclopedia has its own opinions about things. These opinions are often silly. For example, Uncyclopedia thinks that Oscar Wilde was the best man ever. These opinions become memes that are added into jokes all over Uncyclopedia.
References[change | change source]
- "Uncyclopedia:Donate" (Wiki). En.uncyclopedia.co. Retrieved October 23, 2015.
- "Main Page". Uncyclopedia. Retrieved 2020-08-26.
- Schorow, Stephanie (April 8, 2005). "This wiki-cool Web site lets Net surfers define world". Boston Herald. Archived from the original on October 21, 2012. Retrieved July 18, 2006.
- Schofield, Jack (April 14, 2005). "Web Watch". Guardian Unlimited. London. Retrieved July 18, 2006.
- "Uncyclopedia:How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid". Uncyclopedia. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikinews has related news:|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Uncyclopedia.|