University of Wisconsin–Madison
|Motto||Numen Lumen (Latin)|
Motto in English
|"God, our light" or |
"The divine within the universe, however manifested, is my light."
|Type||Public university flagship|
|Endowment||$2.746 billion (2017)|
|Students||44,413 (fall 2018)|
|Undergraduates||30,361 (fall 2018)|
|Postgraduates||14,052 (fall 2018)|
936 acres (379 ha)
|Colors||Cardinal and white|
|Athletics||NCAA Division I – Big Ten, WCHA (Women's ice hockey)|
The university offers 9,203 different courses, 232 undergraduate majors and certificates and over 250 master’s, doctoral, and professional programs. Average class size is 31 and there are more than 2,000 professors.
The school's athletic program, which competes mainly in the Big Ten Conference, is named the Badgers and they have won 27 national championships. The women's hockey team plays in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association.
References[change | change source]
- "Numen Lumen". Wisconsin Alumni Association. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- As of June 30, 2017. "U.S. and Canadian Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 Endowment Market Value and Change in Endowment Market Value from FY2016 to FY2017". National Association of College and University Business Officers and Commonfund Institute. 2017.
- ""Meet the record-breaking Class of 2022"". University of Wisconsin–Madison. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- "Colors for Web". University of Wisconsin-Madison. Retrieved March 18, 2017.
- Academics – University of Wisconsin–Madison |
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to University of Wisconsin–Madison.|