Khanna in July 2012
|Member of the Indian Parliament |
2014 – 27 April 2017
|Preceded by||Pratap Singh Bajwa|
|Preceded by||Sukhbuns Kaur|
|Succeeded by||Pratap Singh Bajwa|
|Born||6 October 1946|
Peshawar, North-West Frontier Province, British India
(now Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan)
|Died||27 April 2017 (aged 70)|
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Cause of death||Bladder cancer|
|Spouse(s)||Geetanjali (1971–1985; divorced) |
Kavita (1990–2017; his death)
|Children||Rahul Khanna (son)|
Akshay Khanna (son)
Sakshi Khanna (son)
Shraddha Khanna (daughter)
|Occupation||Actor, MP of Lok Sabha for Gurdaspur|
Career[change | change source]
Khanna played lead roles in many movies and is best remembered for his performance in Mere Apne, Mera Gaon Mera Desh, Gaddaar, Jail Yatra, Imtihaan, Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, Inkaar, Kuchhe Dhaage, Amar Akbar Anthony, Rajput, Qurbani, Kudrat, Dayavan, Kaarnama,Suryaa: An Awakening and Jurm.
After making his debut in 1968, Khanna first acted in small roles or negative roles. His angry young man role in the movie Mere Apne, his negative role as the main villain in the superhit movie Mera Gaon Mera Desh and his role in the crtically acclaimed movie Achanak based on the events of the popular case K. M. Nanavati v. State of Maharashtra, as the military officer turned fugitive.
Political career[change | change source]
In 2014 general election he was again elected for 16th Loksabha from same constituency.
Death[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Veteran actor Vinod Khanna dies at 70". newsbytesapp. 27 April 2017 11:20 AM. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
|publisher=(help); Check date values in:
- "Actor Vinod Khanna dead at 70, he was suffering from cancer". financialexpress. 27 April 2017. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Actor Vinod Khanna passes away; was ill with cancer". NewsBytes. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "Veteran actor Vinod Khanna, 70, dies after a battle with cancer". OnManorama.
- "Vinod Khanna - Early Life and Movies". BookMyShow.
- "The actor who renounced success". www.rediff.com. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "Remembering Vinod Khanna: 15 Films That Celebrate the Legacy of the Actor". News18. 2017-04-27. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "Akshay Kumar's Rustom and other films that KM Nanavati case inspired". The Indian Express. 2016-08-09. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "Millennials Review Classics: Vinod Khanna's Hit-and-Miss 'Achanak'". The Quint. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "Handsome B'town hunks in 100 years of Indian cinema - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "Remembering Vinod Khanna, the quintessential toughie, angry cop, and romantic lead". Firstpost. 2017-04-27. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "Vinod Khanna: 10 of the most handsome pictures of Bollywood's hunk we want etched on our memory forever!". Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "Vinod Khanna's interesting lesser known facts | The Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "Acting is my bread and butter, but politics is my responsibility: Vinod Khanna | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dna. 2014-05-10. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "Vinod Khanna, the politician: 4-time MP who handled two ministries under Vajpayee". Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "Vinod Khanna dead after battling cancer for many years, he was 70". 27 April 2017.
- "Vinod Khanna dies at 70, was suffering from bladder cancer". https://www.hindustantimes.com/. 27 April 2017. External link in
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Vinod Khanna at Wikimedia Commons