Vishnu Raj Atreya
Vishnu Raj Atreya (Nepali: ne:विष्णुराज आत्रेय; 10 November 1944 – 18 July 2020) was a Nepali writer and poet. He wrote in Nepali language, Sanskrit language and Awadhi language. He used the title Latosaathi (Nepali: लाटोसाथी) in his poetry works when his career began in 1963. He known to be the first person to start writing Haiku in Sanskrit language. Atreya was born in Kapilbastu, Nepal. He was a Professor of Navya Vyakaran in Nepal Sanskrit University for seventeen years between 1996 to 2013.
References[change | change source]
- "मैले बुुझेका विष्णुराज आत्रेय 'लाटोसाथी'". Dainik Patra. Retrieved 2020-07-09.
- Chalise, Shivaram (2006). हास्यव्यंगकार लाटो साथी [Thesis: Hasyabyangakar Latosathi]. Tribhuvan University.
- Bhattrai, Ghataraj. नेपाली लेखक कोश [Nepali writers Encyclopedia]. Laxmi Prashad Devkota Prakashan. p. 577.
- Palpali, B. K. "डा. आत्रेय : संस्कृत हाइकुका प्रथम स्रष्टा" [Dr. Atreya : The first author of Sanskrit haiku]. डा. विष्णु राज आत्रेय : स्रष्टा र सिर्जनाका विविध आयाम [Dr. Vishnu Raj Atreya; Srasta ra Srijanaka Vividh Ayam] (in Nepali). Kathmandu Nepal Perol Sahitya Samaj.
- Litterateur ‘Lato Sathi’ passes away at 74