|Single by Madonna|
|from the album I'm Breathless|
|Released||April 5, 1990|
|Madonna singles chronology|
|"Vogue" at YouTube|
"Vogue" is a 1990 dance-pop and deep house song by Madonna. It was released on April 5, 1990, through Sire and Warner Bros. It is a single from the soundtrack for the film I'm Breathless (1990). The song is about Hollywood fashion. The song's rap section talks about 16 stars from the 1920s to the 1950s, such as Greta Garbo, Katharine Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe.
The song won awards for Best Single and Best Video in the Rolling Stone Reader's Poll Awards.
The song comes in many remixes. One of them is eight minutes/twenty five seconds long.
Legacy[change | change source]
On August 6, 2022, singer Beyoncé released a remix of her song "Break My Soul" with samples of "Vogue" called the Queens Remix. Instead of naming Golden Age celebrities, Beyoncé names Black female entertainers, such as Lizzo, Rihanna, Jill Scott, Janet Jackson, and Grace Jones.
References[change | change source]
- "The Number Ones: Madonna's "Vogue"". Stereogum. 2021-09-17. Retrieved 2022-08-08.
- "Madonna - Vogue". Discogs. Retrieved 8 August 2022.
- "Number 1s for May 1990". The Billboard. Retrieved Aug 6, 2016.
- "Vogue". AllMusic. Retrieved Aug 6, 2016.
- "Yass queens: Listen to Beyoncé and Madonna team up on 'Break My Soul' remix". news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2022-08-08.