The game was released on October 29, 2013 in North America, October 30, 2013 in Japan and November 1, 2013 in both Europe and India. It is the first game in the WWE 2K video game series and the first WWE game to be released under 2K Sports since Take-Two acquired the license from THQ in a bankruptcy filing.
Reception[change | change source]
IGN rated the game a 8.7 out of 10 and said "It still lacks the brains to deliver competent AI and commentators, but WWE 2K14 has more than enough brawn to make up for it. 30 Years of Wrestlemania provides the strongest campaign backbone the series has had in a long time, the in-ring action is faster and more fluid than it’s been in years, and thanks to WWE 2K14′s continually expanding creation suite, we’re swimming in more options than we ever knew we wanted. It is indeed “time to play the game.”
GameSpot gave the game a 6 out of 10 and said that the game was clunky, they stated "It’s a shame the wrestling isn’t up to par in WWE 2K14 because the elements surrounding it are so interesting…For anyone who grew up loving professional wrestling, be prepared to be swept away in a tide of nostalgia. If only the core action could have been as compelling."
References[change | change source]
- "WWE | 開発タイトル | 株式会社ユークス". Yukes. Retrieved 2013-12-5. Check date values in:
- "Pictures: 12,000 fans greet Ryback at WWE 2K14 promotional event in Mumbai". MCV India. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "ESRB: WWE 2K14". ESRB. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "2K and WWE announce exclusive multi-year agreement for WWE video game series". WWE. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "WWE 2K14 Review: Squared Circle Scholar". IGN. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "WWE 2K14 Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2013-12-05.