|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One|
PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|Genre(s)||Professional wrestling, fighting, sports|
WWE 2K16 is a 2015 professional wrestling video game published by 2K Sports and developed by Yuke's and Visual Concepts. It was released for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. It is the seventeenth game in the WWE games series. WWE 2K16 was released on October 27, 2015 in North America, October 30, 2015 in Europe, and on October 29, 2015 in Australasia. It will be released for Windows on March 11, 2016. Stone Cold Steve Austin is featured on the cover of the game.
Reception[change | change source]
The game received mixed reviews. IGN rated the game a 8.8 out of 10. Vince Ingenito of IGN said that the game was a "step in the right direction" for the series. He said that he liked the gameplay and the roster features, but did not like the overall inconsistency with the game. GameSpot rated the game a 4 out of 10. Don Saas of GameSpot said that he liked the 2K Showcase mode and the Jim Ross returning on commentary but also said that "Little else in the game makes much of a positive impression."
References[change | change source]
- "ESRB: WWE 2K16". ESRB. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "WWE 2K16: Release Data". GameFAQs. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "WWE 2K16 coming soon to Windows PCs". WWE. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "Stone Cold Steve Austin to grace the cover of WWE 2K16, maybe WrestleMania afterward". Polygon. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "Jimmy Uso On His New WWE SmackDown Role, News On The WWE 2K16 Roster, WWE - Tokyo Update". WrestlingInc.com. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "WWE 2K16 Review". IGN. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "WWE 2k16 Review". GameSpot. Retrieved March 6, 2016.