This article needs to be updated.
|Type||Video game console|
|Introductory price||$499 (USD)/€499/£429|
|Media||Blu-ray Disc, DVD|
|CPU||Custom 1.75 GHz AMD 8 core APU (2 Quad-Core Jaguar modules)|
|Memory||8 GB DDR3 (5 GB available to games)|
|Storage||500 GB (HDD)|
|Graphics||853 MHz AMD Radeon GCN architecture (inside of APU)|
|Sound||7.1 surround sound|
|Input||Three USB 3.0 Ports and a HDMI port|
|Camera||1080p Kinect camera|
|Online services||Xbox Live|
The Xbox One (formerly Xbox 720) is the third video game console made by Microsoft, succeeding the Xbox 360.  It was announced on May 21, 2013. It was first released on 22nd November 2013, ahead of Sony's PlayStation 4. Microsoft marketed the Xbox One as an "all-in-one entertainment system", which is where its name comes from.
The Xbox One S was released in 2016 as a successor to the original Xbox One model. The Xbox One S has a smaller form factor, and supports both HDR and 4K video. The Xbox One S was praised for its smaller size, visual upgrades, and lack of an external power supply. The Xbox One received another upgrade in 2017: the Xbox One X. The Xbox One X featured upgraded hardware and support for natively rendering video at 4K.
History[change | change source]
Microsoft designed the console to originally be Xbox 720 in 2010. However, they decided to change it into Xbox One in 2012. It was released on November 22, 2013, one week after PlayStation 4.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Xbox Live's Major Nelson » Xbox One to Launch on November 22, 2013 in 13 Markets :". Majornelson.com. 2013-09-04. Retrieved 2013-09-27.
- "Xbox One Launch Markets Confirmed". Xbox Leadership Team, Microsoft. 2013-08-14. Retrieved 2013-08-24.
- James, Allisa (2013-07-02). "Microsoft: No Xbox One in Japan this Year: "Tier 2 Country" Asks Journalist Not to Report Negatively". Dualshockers. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "Xbox One launching in November for $499 in 21 countries, pre-orders start now". The Verge. 10 June 2013. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Stein, Scott (2013-06-19). "Microsoft Xbox One - Consoles - CNET Reviews". Reviews.cnet.com. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- "AMD's Jaguar Architecture: The CPU Powering Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Kabini & Temash". Anandtech.com. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- Hollister, Sean (2013-05-21). "Xbox One will not be backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games". The Verge. Retrieved 2013-05-21.
- "Xbox 720 release date, news and rumours". Tech Radar.
- Xbox One Announced - IGN
- "Xbox One Released: Gamers Queue All Night For Chance To Join The Next-Gen Of Gaming". Huffington Post.