He was kidnapped by eight al-Qaeda members on August 13, 2011 in Lahore, Pakistan. He was killed in a January 2015 US drone strike on the Afghanistan-Pakistan border. His death was announced by U.S. President Barack Obama at a White House press conference on April 23, 2015.
References[change | change source]
- Jeremy Diamond, with reporting Jim Sciutto, Elise Labott, Pamela Brown, Jamie Crawford, Jim Acosta and Gloria Borger, CNN (23 April 2015). "U.S. drone strike accidentally killed 2 hostages". CNN. Retrieved 23 April 2015.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Alexander, Harriet (2011-08-13). "American aid worker Warren Weinstein kidnapped in Pakistan". London: Telegraph. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- J.E. Austin Associates, Inc. website
- "US aid official kidnapped in Pakistan - Central & South Asia". Al Jazeera English. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- Hannah Roberts (2011-08-15). "Warren Weinstein: American kidnapped in Pakistan in armed raid on his home | Mail Online". London: Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- Rodriguez, Alex; Khan, Nasir (2011-08-14). "American kidnapped in Pakistan - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- "US citizen kidnapped by unknown assailants in Pakistan". Jpost.com. 2011-08-13. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- ADI. "President Obama Comments on Death of Hostages". CNN.com. Retrieved 2015-04-23.