From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
distinguish the Warsaw Pact, which was a defence treaty between Eastern European nations
In particular, the Warsaw Convention has the following rules:
- carriers issue passenger tickets;
- carriers issue baggage checks for checked luggage;
- there is a limitation period of 2 years within which a claim must be brought (Article 29); and
- a carrier's liability is at least:
Footnotes[change | change source]
- United States courts have said that, at least for some purposes, the Warsaw Convention is a different instrument from the Warsaw Convention as Amended by the Hague Protocol.
- The sums limiting liability were originally given in Francs (defined in terms of a particular quantity of gold by article 22 paragraph 5 of the convention). These sums were amended by the Montreal Additional Protocol No. 2 to substitute an expression given in terms of SDR's. These sums are valid in the absence of a differing agreement (on a higher sum) with the carrier. Agreements on lower sums are null and void.