White Christmas (song)
"White Christmas" is a Christmas carol about an old-fashioned Christmas setting. It mixes sadness and comforts of home. The version sung by Bing Crosby is said to be the world's best-selling single.
The original version was released in 1942.
The opening verse has the lyrics:
- The sun is shining, the grass is green,
- The orange and palm trees sway.
- There's never been such a day
- in Beverly Hills, L.A.
- But it's December the twenty-fourth,—
- And I am longing to be up North
References[change | change source]
- "Christmas Comes Early with Irving Berlin's 'White Christmas'". Peoria Journal Star. Retrieved July 7, 2017.