wikiHow is a wiki-based website with a collection of articles which tell people how to do things. The site uses version 1.12.0 of MediaWiki . The site now has over 135,000 how-to articles. wikiHow's mission is to create the world's largest collection of how-to information. In May 2011, wikiHow had 36 million unique readers. As of August 2011, the number of registered wikiHow users was more than 350,000 and it crossed 904,000 registered users in June 11, 2014.
History[change | change source]
Censorship[change | change source]
- Are "sexually charged"
- Are inaccurate
- Contain potty humor
- Are joke pages, or pages that rely on backwards logic
- Are spam pages, or pages advertising a product or service
- Violate copyright
- Are not a step-by-step how-to guide
- Are illegal
- Contain drug use; especially information about illegal drugs
- Or are potentially destructive or dangerous.
Some people complain that this does not support the idea behind an educational resource.
References[change | change source]
- Herrick, Jack (Apr. 2007). "WikiHow Site Traffic Statistics". wikiHow. Retrieved 2011-08-24. Check date values in:
- "wikiHow Statistics". Retrieved 2007-09-20.
- Herrick, Jack (Sept. 2006). "History of eHow and wikiHow". wikiHow. Retrieved 2006-10-26. Check date values in:
- "wikiHow Deletion Policy". wikiHow. Retrieved 2010-06-26.