Dylan620 (talk · contribs) – Yeah, I know I've only been active here for a short time, but I'd like to know how I'm doing with my two main activities here: vandal fighting and QD tagging! I'm considering an RfA here in a couple months, so I'd like some advice for then. Cheers, Dylan620 Autumn leaves 20:38, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- Once again, your desire for the WP and User namespaces is not a good mark for an RFA. Focus on maturity, and quality article building. Meetare Shappy Cunkelfratz! 00:33, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- I think you should focus on building an article. We're a couple million pages short of enwp, so every little bit helps. Especially tropical cyclone articles... Either way, you're doing a great job with the vandal fighting! –Juliancolton | Talk 18:41, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- I'm concerned that you still are subconciously treating Wikipedia as MySpace. Looking at your editcount, a whopping 36% of your edits were to the User Talk space. And before you started anti vandal work and making redirects, it was in the 45+ range. Please, take a break from the WP and UT spaces, and start writing content. You might be able to get started by copyediting hurricane articles (There are a lot of capitalization errors, grammar errors, etc. throughout).
- In addition, you're way to eager to gain adminship/other rights. Take your time, and be patient. It will come eventually, but if you act like you do now, it won't happen soon. On your userpage, you say you want to become a steward. Stewards must be 18, be active on meta, and a few other requirements. Power hunger won't get you anywhere, and it just makes people look down on you.
- This is also partially applicable to enwiki as well. I have heard third-hand that you want to become a bureaucrat both here and on enwiki. That makes you sound like you're power hungry, and also not capable of reading the rules. In order to be a crat, you must be an administrator, and that is still months/years away for you. I'm sorry to be so harsh, but it is what it is. X! (talk) 18:59, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- View this user's edit count using Interiot's 'Wannabe Kate' Tool
- Of your contributions to Wikipedia, are there any about which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- I'm proudest of my vandal-fighting (I've had rollback here since late last night , , ) and my QD tagging. Special thanks go to User:EhJJ for teaching me how to install Twinkle here at simple.wikipedia! In my early simple days, I also did an ounce of wikignoming at the 2006 Pacific hurricane season article. --Dylan620 Autumn leaves 20:48, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?