|Birth name||Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun|
|Born||July 16, 1990|
Surulere, Lagos State, Nigeria
Biography[change | change source]
Wizkid started singing in 2001. At the age of 11, he released a collaborative studio album with Glorious Five album titled Lil Prinz before he went solo to record his first song with OJB Jezreel.
In 2011, Wizkid released his critically acclaim debut studio album titled Superstar with hit singles like "Holla at Your Boy", "Don't Dull" and "Tease Me (Bad Guys)" on the tracklist. Superstar shot Wizkid to limelight, following it's nomination at The Headies 2012 and at the 2012 Nigeria Entertainment Awards which it won "Best Album of The Year".
On September 17, 2014, Ayo was released as Wizkid's sophomore album. The album contained hit tracks like "Ojuelegba", "Jaiye Jaiye" and "Show You The Money". Ayo won the "Best Album of The Year" and "Best R&B/Pop Album" categories at The Headies 2015 and was also nominated in the "Album of The Year" category at the 2015 Nigeria Entertainment Awards. Wizkid has been working on releasing an EP titled Sounds From The Other Side.
References[change | change source]
- Alex Frank. "Nigerian Pop Star Wizkid on Fashion and African Style - Vogue". Vogue. Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- Phiona Okumu. "Wizkid Is Getting The Global Embrace He Deserves". The FADER. Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- Seyi. "Wizkid Biography - nigeriafilms.com". Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- Oreoluwa Peters (19 November 2015). "5 things we learnt from Wizkid's interview with US magazine, The Fader". YNaija. Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- "MTV MAMA 2015: Davido, Wizkid, Yemi Alade, others lead nominations". 12 June 2015.