Drake performing at the Polson Pier in Toronto, 2011.
Aubrey Drake Graham|
October 24, 1986
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Net worth||US $100 million|
Aubrey Drake Graham (born October 24, 1986) is a Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor who has sold over five million album copies. He was born in Toronto, Ontario. He was the character Jimmy Brooks for eight seasons on the television show Degrassi: The Next Generation.
Drake has worked with a lot of other musicians. Drake collaborated with Rihanna on the number-one singles "What's My Name?" (2010) and "Work" (2016). He also rapped on "Moment 4 Life" (2011) by Nicki Minaj. "Moment 4 Life" was nominated for a 2012 Grammy Award in the category Best Rap Performance. His third album Take Care won the award for Best Rap Album at the 2013 Grammy Awards.
In 2016, he released Views, an album that was only on iTunes at first. His single "One Dance" became his first number-one single on the US Billboard Hot 100 as a main artist. Throughout 2016, he dated singer-actress Jennifer Lopez on-and-off.
Drake's single, "God's Plan", from the EP Scary Hours, entered at the top of the US Billboard Hot 100. After 11 weeks at number one, the single "Nice for What" also entered at number one, making Drake the first artist to have a number-one entry replace another number-one entry at the top of the chart. "Nice for What" became Drake's fifth American chart-topper. Drake released the single "I'm Upset" in May 2018 and announced he would release his next album, Scorpion, in June. Despite rumors, particularly a beef with rapper Pusha T, Drake revealed in the album that he has a child, a son named Adonis, with French artist Sophie Brussaux.
|2010||Thank Me Later|
|2013||Nothing Was the Same|
|2015||If You're Reading This It's Too Late|
|2009||So Far Gone|
- "Drake's Net Worth: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know". Danilo Castro. heavy. March 4, 2017. Retrieved September 2, 2017.
- "Drake". Biography.com. A+E Television Networks, LLC. January 7, 2013.
- "Grammys 2012: Rap and hip-hop nominees/winners". CBC Music. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- "Grammys 2013: Drake's 'Take Care' wins in rap album category". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- "From rapper to Raptor, Drake takes on new role". NBA. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- "Drake Releases New Single 'I'm Upset'". Billboard. Retrieved May 28, 2018.
- "Who Is Sophie Brussaux? What to Know About the Mother of Drake's Son Adonis". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2018-07-01.