From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1060s 1070s 1080s – 1090s – 1100s 1110s 1120s|
|Years:||1092 1093 1094 – 1095 – 1096 1097 1098|
Events[change | edit source]
- The county of Portugal is established for the second time.
- Pembroke Castle is built in Wales.
- The cathedral in Valence, France is consecrated.
- Coloman becomes King of Hungary.
- March – Byzantine emperor Alexius I Comnenus sends ambassadors to Pope Urban II at the Council of Piacenza, to discuss sending mercenaries against the Seljuk Turks.
- November 18 – The Council of Clermont began. The council was called by Pope Urban II to discuss sending the First Crusade to the Holy Land.
- November – Pope Urban II preaches the First Crusade at the Council of Clermont; Peter the Hermit begins to preach throughout France.
- November 28 – On the last day of the Council of Clermont, Pope Urban II appoints Bishop Adhemar of Le Puy and Count Raymond IV of Toulouse to lead the First Crusade to the Holy Land.