From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1070s 1080s 1090s – 1100s – 1110s 1120s 1130s|
|Years:||1104 1105 1106 – 1107 – 1108 1109 1110|
Events[change | edit source]
- William Warelwast becomes Bishop of Exeter.
- Emperor Toba ascends the throne of Japan.
- Chinese money printed in 3 colours to stymie counterfeiting.
- Alexander I inherits the Scottish crown with the death of Edgar of Scotland.
- The highly cultivated emperor of China, Emperor Huizong of Song, writes his Treatise on Tea.
Births[change | edit source]
Deaths[change | edit source]
- January 8 — King Edgar of Scotland (b. 1074)
- August 9 — Emperor Horikawa of Japan (b. 1079)
- Robert Fitzhamon, Lord of Gloucester
- Kilij Arslan I, Sultan of Rüm
- Roger Bigod, 1st Earl of Norfolk
- Cheng Yi, Song Dynasty Chinese Neo-Confucian philosopher (b. 1033)
- Mi Fu, Chinese poet, painter, and calligrapher (born 1051)